- Business Litigation
- Labor and Employment Litigation and Investigations
- Eminent Domain, Land Use, and Real Estate Litigation
- Appellate Advocacy
- International Law and Public Affairs
Parker Rosen lawyers have successfully handled complex commercial disputes in federal and state courts in Minnesota and across the country. We litigate matters involving complex financial instruments and deals, minority shareholder disputes, antitrust, partnership disputes, fraud, deceptive trade practices, and trade secrets. Our team includes experienced trial lawyers with a sophisticated understanding of financial analysis and valuation, corporate structures, and fiduciary duties.
- After defeating a motion for summary judgment and shortly before trial, secured a substantial, mediated settlement for a national sports team in a complex breach-of-contract action against the team’s principal sponsor, an internationally known manufacturer of sports equipment.
- Successfully defended a client in joint venture dispute, and settled the matter for a fraction of the original amount offered.
- Secured mediated settlement for full value of an architectural firm’s work involved in designing and administering the construction of a multi-unit housing project from developer, who wrongfully terminated a contract with mid-construction, and refused to pay for services rendered while retaining architectural firm’s proprietary plans and drawings.
- Representing lender in complex Federal litigation asserting breach of promissory note, breach of guaranty, and seeking claim and delivery of pledged collateral consisting of numerous, uncertificated securities indirectly linked to interests in real estate located in five states, defeated motion to dismiss brought by over two-dozen -LLC-pledgors
Our lawyers have successfully represented a broad range of public and private employers and employees in sophisticated, multi-million dollar labor and employment disputes. Whether in litigation, administrative hearings, discrimination claims, negotiations, FLSA disputes, or contract review, our team is dedicated to protecting the interests of each client.
Parker Rosen lawyers have handled several high-stakes employment investigations in Minnesota, including investigations regarding the practices of emergency response and natural resource services personnel.
Parker Rosen has represented some of the largest employers in Minnesota with their most sophisticated disputes, including providing legal representation during the largest mass transit strike in modern union history, handling the largest interest arbitration strike in modern U.S. history, and managing scores of arbitration grievances with a 85% success rate. In addition, Parker Rosen represents local labor associations in their attempts to decertify international labor unions.
Our breadth of experience affords Parker Rosen attorneys a unique and valuable understanding of the relationship between labor and management.
- Represented plaintiff in a claim for unpaid wages based on an oral contract in which the defendant promised to pay $1.825 million in bonuses. Recovered total verdict of approximately $2.3 million, including prejudgment interest.
- Obtained substantial settlement for architectural project manager in pursuing age-discrimination claims against his former employer, which fired him after more than three decades of employment and replaced him with a much younger employee.
- Obtained substantial settlement for employee of a biotech firm who was terminated shortly after relocating to the Twin Cities from his native Israel, asserting discrimination based on client's national origin.
- Secured mediated settlement for full value of Plaintiff architectural firm’s work designing and administering construction of multiunit housing project from Defendant developer who wrongfully terminated contract with architectural firm mid-construction, refusing to pay for services rendered while retaining Plaintiff architect’s plans and drawings.
- Represented three senior employees in pursuing age-discrimination claims arising from their termination in the course of a corporate consolidation of three smaller companies. Secured mediated substantial settlement.
- Represented an architectural project manager in pursuing whistleblower claims against his former employer, a major architectural firm which fired him within a few months of his hiring. Obtained substantial settlement for client.
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant in OSHA action involving wrongful termination of employment.
Parker Rosen has earned a reputation for its premier real estate practice, which is a cornerstone of the firm. Our experienced attorneys have been retained by an array of clients ranging from family-owned business to Fortune 500 companies in eminent domain litigation. We have successfully represented real estate owners, developers, lenders, partners, tenants, buyers and sellers in eminent domain matters involving a variety of properties, including rural land, office, retail, commercial, and industrial.
- Lead counsel for international real estate firm and owner of property sought by government for site of new Twins ballpark, Target Field. Obtained million award after successfully discrediting government’s appraisal at trial.
- Obtained .2 million trial award and successfully prevented taking of energy company’s property for development by local government
- Represented an owner of a large, downtown office building against a former sole tenant in a complex breach-of-lease dispute involving the accounting of rent, common-area-maintenance expenses, and damage to the leased premises. After defeating summary judgment on counterclaims, on eve of trial, our team secured a substantial settlement.
- Represented a retail shopping center in a partial condemnation case. On appeal to district court, jury awarded compensation in an amount significantly greater than the award made by the condemnation commissioners.
- On an oral motion to dismiss made during trial, obtained dismissal with prejudice of commercial landlord’s action to eject tenant, a venerable restaurant and caterer, for alleged nonpayment of common-area maintenance expenses and rent.
Our attorneys have successfully litigated dozens of appeals in state and federal courts. Our Appellate Advocacy Practice includes numerous former federal and state appellate court clerks, members of the bars of several U.S. Courts of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court. Parker Rosen has been appellate counsel for an array of clients concerning a host of constitutional, statutory, and common law claims and defenses.
- Represented a former hedge fund manager on appeal following a trial court victory in which he won a total judgment of approximately .3 million for bonuses he was promised, but not paid, by his former employer. Notwithstanding the employer’s assertions on appeal that our client’s claims were barred by statute of limitations, the Minnesota Court of Appeals upheld trial court’s judgment for the unpaid bonuses.
- Representation of a public transit agency in an appeal brought by a driver who had sued the transit agency after she was injured in a collision with the agency’s bus. Following a total defense victory at trial, the driver appealed, claiming that the district court had erred in denying her motion for a new trial based on evidentiary disputes which arose during the case. The Minnesota Court of Appeals denied the appeal, fully upholding the trial court’s judgment.
- After winning asylum for a Liberian refugee before the local Immigration Court, we represented the refugee in defending an appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals brought by the Department of Homeland Security, which alleged the grant of asylum was improper. The Board of Immigration Appeals denied the appeal and upheld refugee’s grant of asylum.
- Obtained a ruling reversing a lower court’s order permitting a government agency to conduct environmental testing on procedural and constitutional grounds, resulting in a complete judgment in favor of Parker Rosen’s client, a national industrial company.
Parker Rosen represents students and families in matters involving their educational best interests, including disability discrimination actions, student rights, student discipline and expulsion matters, confidentiality, accommodations of students with disabilities and Title IX issues. Our team has litigated numerous education claims in state and federal courts as well as through a range of specialized administrative processes.
Today's hyper-competitive and internationally integrated world demands a sophisticated understanding of the dynamic relationship between legal, regulatory, political and cultural environments around the world. Parker Rosen's international lawyers and senior strategic adviser draw on knowledge and experience gained through positions in the United States Congress, Department of Justice, Department of Defense, United States Trade Representative, the Armed Forces, together with involvement in trade-related proceedings before the International Trade Commission and the Import Administration of the Department of Commerce. Our attorneys and advisers have developed a keen understanding of the cultural, legal, and policy dimensions of complex international matters through extensive work and study in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. This enables us to deliver solutions to clients based or seeking to do business in nearly any corner of the globe.
Our international lawyers and advisers have counseled clients, including Fortune 500 companies, foreign companies, international non-governmental organizations, government agencies, and trade associations, regarding a variety of issues, including:
- Foreign sovereign immunity
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Chinese industrial- and export-subsidy practices
- Anti-dumping and countervailing duty petitions, administrative reviews, and sunset reviews
- Judicial review of administrative margin and likelihood-of-injury determinations
- NAFTA bi-national panel disputes
- Litigation involving implementation of WTO dispute settlement rulings
- Establishing and operating U.S. subsidiaries and joint ventures of foreign companies